Friday, October 31, 2014

Online Class registration is open ~ Classes start early November

original watercolors (5x7 inches) by Jane LaFazio


one review of my ONLINE "Sketching and Watercolor: Journal Style." 

"I couldn't let the class end without thanking you, Jane, for this opportunity to learn so many things. I was brand new to watercolor when this class began, and learned the very basics--how to get the paint from the palette to the paper, how to mix colors, how to dilute, how to use a waterbrush. I also learned the elements of composition, and to pay attention to the "finishing touches" that transform a sketch into a pleasing page, how to use shadows more effectively, and how leaving the white of the page can create "sparkle". I learned to always sign my work (thereby developing pride and confidence in what I've created) and date it (to allow a future record of improvement). I've learned that practice does make better, and that "perfect" is illusory."

REGISTRATION is open now. Click here for the details for my beginning "Sketching and Watercolor: Journal Style" online workshop.

++++++++++++++++++++
working in my 9x12" sketchbook ~ Jane LaFazio

one review from my ONLINE "Watercolor Sketchbook: Designs from Life"

"I am so sad our class is over. Really! It was my reward every night to unwind and rebalance my life. The projects were just the right size, and there were just the right number. Very manageable. I really appreciate how the projects built on each other, employing past skills and adding new ones for every lesson. I learned so much about good teaching from Jane, who structured the class well and gave such regular and supportive feedback. Jane, you saw the best in each of our works AND you encouraged us to improve with your feedback and tips. By the last lesson, I can say that my drawing skills improved. I was much faster in doing a realistic observational drawing. I also got a sense of my own strengths and where I need to keep developing: my technical skill with watercolor.
Jane, a great teacher sets up a community where the whole experience is supportive, and you totally did that. I was so uplifted by honest, supportive feedback from my peers in addition to your terrific feedback This was an incredible class and I am so thankful that I got to be part of it."


REGISTRATION is open now. Click here for details for my "Watercolor Sketchbook: Designs from Life" class, for people who know how to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails