Saturday, October 13, 2012

from my sketchbook ~ Pumpkins 2012

pumpkins 2012
a page from my sketchbook, by Jane LaFazio

The theme for the Sketchbook Challenge this month is a cabinet of curiosities. Kind of like a collection. My sketchbook page is kind of like a collection of pumpkins, except it's one pumpkin drawn from different vantage points and in different styles.
pumpkins 2012
a page from my sketchbook, by Jane LaFazio
I love pumpkins and look forward to drawing them every autumn.
pumpkins 2012
 detail from a page from my sketchbook, by Jane LaFazio
pumpkins 2012
drawn with a water soluble pencil
I find myself drawing more quickly, and in a loose style. I'm learning to trust my basic drawing abilities and letting them emerge, like my handwriting and just as unique.
pumpkins 2012
patterns in a pumpkin......a page from my sketchbook, by Jane LaFazio 
As I hope you know, I teach an after-school arts program called Mundo Lindo, for 4th and 5th grade kids, and it's starting up again this month. This page was also a way to work out an assignment for the kids. Drawing a pumpkin realistically, then another filled with pattern. Click here to see what the kids did with this assignment.
pumpkins 2012

pumpkins 2012

8 comments:

  1. your pumpkins are beautiful, each a unique representation. i also enjoyed seeing what your young students created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful sketches Jane as usual-love your style of sketching and coloring! What a lovely inspiration you are to those children too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Just picked up some fall decorative squashes - plan to draw them later after your inspirational sketches! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to thank you for the time you put into your blog. You've inspired me to Art Journal as a way to release my feelings while going through so many changes in my life. There are no words to describe how much I enjoy it. I'm experimenting, and really growing through the process. I've purchased your DVD "Art Journaling to Art" to take myself further. Keep it up, you never know who you're helping to use creative process to go forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful sketches and an amazing blog. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails