Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Abstract Collage Workshop (using gelli printed papers)

IMG_9037
colorful palette ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Last Saturday, I taught for the first time at Art on 30th in San Diego. It was fabulous! Great classroom (it's the gallery, so we were surrounded by art all day!) I will definitely teach there again.
IMG_9042
My fabulous students in the light-filled classroom/gallery ~ photo by Jane LaFazio

IMG_9043
student gelli printed pages ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
IMG_9035
students made lots and lots of prints in the morning! ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
teaching at Art@30th
Me ~ teaching
IMG_9036
colorful palette ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Abstract Collage class (with gelli plate printing)
The classroom is also the art gallery at Art on 30th ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
I taught a new class, for me, clumsily titled "Abstract Collage ~ with gelli plate prints." It's a one day workshop. In the morning, I showed lots of ways to use the gelli plate and then we created oodles of monoprints on tissue.
Then in the afternoon, I showed the students how to select from and compose two collages on 10x10 inch boards.
Abstract Collage class (with gelli plate printing)
student gelli printed pages ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
teaching
I love teaching and inspiring my students! 
Abstract Collage class (with gelli plate printing)
student gelli printed pages  ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Abstract Collage class (with gelli plate printing)
lots of space and light! the perf location for a class ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Stay tuned, San Diegans, for more classes from my at Art on 30th
IMG_9039
colorful palette ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Abstract Collage class (with gelli plate printing)
Student work at the end of the day!! ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
 
students at my Abstract Collage workshop
My students, and their work! 
I'll be teaching this workshop "Abstract Collage" in Minneapolis on September 18 at Art is You and in Stamford, Connecticut on Friday, October 9

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful ... Jane, paint and starbucks. What could be better. Wish I lived closer. Sandi P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great classroom. Beautiful work by your students and I agree I wished I lived closer... someday .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks beautiful. We need you to visit the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous class! And yet another notch on your belt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the collaged pieces! Awesome work, and beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a fun day for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow!!! Another wonderful class with Jane. A class with Jane is in my future!! Lovein' it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane - these are fabulous and it looks like so much fun! Thanks for teaching so many others how to monoprint! They are lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your classes look like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super monoprints!!! I want a Gelli plate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh...wish you were teaching gelli plate in CT. Might you ever offer this online? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What kind of paint are your students using? Looks like a glaze? So beautiful! I too would love an online class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use BioColor from DiscountSchoolSupply.com It's perfect for this!

      Delete
  13. Greetings from Scotland. Just echoing the other comments regarding an online class. Any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  14. When do you visit Holland? We dont have those workshops here😟

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails