Tuesday, January 01, 2019

2018 in Review


My husband and me in Amsterdam, July 2018

2018 in Review 
It's been a good year. Travel, Art, Teaching. My faves!

January
Taught: a one day workshop at Art on 30th, San Diego 
Volunteered: with 4 and 5th graders as they learned ballroom dancing for 3 months

February
Don and I celebrated 41 years of marriage. 
We traveled to Cuba for the second time. I taught for two weeks, a dozen people (from the US and Canada) each week. We stayed in Havana and were happy to see it hadn’t changed that much in the 4 years since we’d been there. 

March
Taught: one day workshop at Art on 30th, San Diego 

April 
Taught: 5 day workshop Empty Spools Seminars, Asilomar, Pacific Grove, California
One day workshop at Art on 30th, San Diego 

May
Traveled to Don's home town, Seattle, for a visit
Taught: one day workshop at Art on 30th, San Diego 

June
Traveled Ghost Ranch, in Abiquiu, New Mexico. Stayed 4 days and tried to paint like Georgia O'Keeffe
Taught: two day workshop in Santa Fe, New Mexico at Artisan Supplies. 

July
We went on a wonderful Viking River Cruise from Basel, Switzerland to The Netherlands. We ended with 4 days in Amsterdam. We really had a wonderful time! 

August
I went back to New Mexico to teach my annual 8 day LavenderSageArt Retreat in Taos
Taught one day workshop at San Clemente Art Supply, San Clemente, CA

September
I traveled to Guatemala with a friend, and thoroughly enjoyed the country, its people and the textiles. 
Bucket list: Goat Yoga class in San Marcos, CA
Taught: one day workshop at Art on 30th, San Diego 
Presentation: Travel Sketchbooks for San Diego, Book Arts, San Diego

October 
We went to my 50-year high school reunion in the San Francisco Bay Area.  
Taught: a two-day workshop for San Diego Book Arts, San Diego

November 
I was proud to be a teacher and presenter at SketchKon, the first Sketchbook Skool convention in Pasadena, CA 
Taught: one day workshop at Sketchkon, Pasadena
Presentation: Accordion Sketchbooks at SketchKon, Pasadena

December
Short trip to Philadelphia to visit the Barnes Foundation Museum, Philly Museum of Art, and Brandywine River Museum.

Crochet: 

According to my Ravelry (@JaneLaFazio) project page, I crocheted 22 projects. Soon I will photo my stack of shawls and blankets to show you.

Entertainment:
Lots of movies, plays and books throughout the year

Yoga:
In my 13 years of a regular yoga practice at RBYoga


ONLINE TEACHING:
Created one new online class: Recycled Circles. Cereal Box Journals continues.

I'm not getting any younger, so Don and I are working on our bucket lists. (Best Art Museums, for example). I'm continuing to teach online and workshops in the United States.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails