Sunday, July 31, 2011

Recycled Circles workshop at the Long Beach International Quilt Festival

recycled circles dia
A detail of my Recycled Circles meets Dia de los Muertos! (I'm getting in the mood for our San Miguel de Allende Mixed Media retreat in October 2012)

Just back from teaching at the Long Beach International Quilt Festival.
long beach
Long Beach, California had gorgeous weather and the part of town where the convention center is located is really nice.That's the Hyatt hotel on the right, it's next to the convention center.
I taught two workshops and here's some student work from my "Recycled Circles" class. All were done in fabric and machine stitched. (They'll hand embellish and finish later)
student work ~ fabric in progress   recycled circles~ student work
  student work ~ recycled circles  student work ~ recycled circles
student work ~ recycled circles  student work ~ recycled circles
I love how each ends up differently.
student work ~ recycled circles  student work ~ recycled circles
student work ~ recycled circles   student work ~ recycled circlesstudent work ~ recycled circles 
I'm teaching this workshop at CREATE on August 27th in Chicago, using a combination of paper and cloth on a paper substrate. They had to add a second day, because my Wednesday workshop filled up. And I'm teaching it at Art & Soul in Portland, Oregon on September 29.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous work by your students Jane!! Thanks for sharing!! I so wish that i could be a just one of those upcoming events. I had just better dig out my old CPS and do it on my own- won't be nearly as much fun!!!:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like everyone did some beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails