Saturday, June 03, 2006

#7. Ralph's Letters


I'm methodically encasing each of Ralph's letters and envelopes in organza. Stitching, reading, stitching. Just 3 more letters to go, and then I will work on the composition of all the pieces together. My plan is a large quilt, that will hang in the center of a gallery, so viewers can see both sides of the piece. I've got to rig up something in my studio, to hang the piece while I work, so I can see it as a whole. I haven't laid out the whole thing, so I really have no clue of the finished size.
By the way, I found Ralph. He teaches High School English in So. Cal. Here's a link (entitled Lowe Down) to his writings as an English Prof. As you'll see, he still writes beautifully. I'm exciting about being in touch with him after 30 years.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails