Saturday, June 03, 2006

#7. Ralph's Letters


I'm methodically encasing each of Ralph's letters and envelopes in organza. Stitching, reading, stitching. Just 3 more letters to go, and then I will work on the composition of all the pieces together. My plan is a large quilt, that will hang in the center of a gallery, so viewers can see both sides of the piece. I've got to rig up something in my studio, to hang the piece while I work, so I can see it as a whole. I haven't laid out the whole thing, so I really have no clue of the finished size.
By the way, I found Ralph. He teaches High School English in So. Cal. Here's a link (entitled Lowe Down) to his writings as an English Prof. As you'll see, he still writes beautifully. I'm exciting about being in touch with him after 30 years.....

1 comment:

  1. Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails