Wednesday, January 27, 2010

memories of the silk road~ detail

Now that I've rediscovered the macro lens in my digital camera (okay, stumbled up on it) I'm taking some closeups of older quilts. I made this "Memories of a Silk Road" in 2005. Here's the entire quilt. And more detail shots here and here. The quilt is 18.5 x 15 inches and I've always loved it. (That's probably why I still have it, cuz I won't lower the price $850) It's made from used Tibetan prayer flags, bits of silk, ribbon, and hand-dyed silk and beaded and stitched. You know, I lived in Asia in the mid 80s and traveled to India among other places.....This piece reminds me of the opulence of old India and China.

4 comments:

  1. The Flickr photo is lovely, but I REALLY enjoyed being able to see the whole quilt...awesome, beautiful work, just great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now what camera is it you use?
    NL

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful quilt, far away and close-up. I'm glad you found that feature on your camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane This quilt is wonderful. Isthere anyway to have the way to make this. I love this not structured but just free hand making. Is there books ect to learn?
    Thank-you so,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails