Thursday, August 12, 2010

Basilica di San Marco ~ detail




If you've been to the Basilica di San Marco in Venice, you know the interior is filled with gold mosaic tiles. It's certainly one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world, and that's saying something! I've changed the name of this work in progress to Basilica di San Marco since it depicts the horses, some of the architecture and now the golden tiles.


I'm proud to announce that I'll be part of the opening weekend events at Quilt Visions: No Boundaries 2010 at the Oceanside Museum of Art. (My quilt, Zen Eucalyptus was juried into the exhibition!) The opening reception is Saturday, October 23. On Sunday, October 24, at 2pm, Judith Content will moderate a panel discussion “Balancing Act: the Art of Being an Artist” featuring Deidre Adams, Gloria HansenKatie Pasquini Masopust and ME




6 comments:

  1. Jane I have been to this Basilica, and I just LOVE what you are doing here!!! You are a woman of such stunning talent it takes my breath away. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to be part of the Quilt Visions 2010 at the OMA. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being a part of Quilt Visions 2010, Jane! Love the detail in the Basilica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful new direction. You're a spinning top. Don't ever stop...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    XoXoX
    jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! and I can't wait to see you at Create!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails