Friday, September 03, 2010

detail in progress

 Remember, I tried my hand at a Gloria Hansen inspired digitally printed quilt. Here's a corner of it. (It's only 8x11") I have a new appreciation for Gloria's work. I've stitched the heck out of this, and you can tell, it's just not makin' it. No "reason for being" as I tell my students. I did add some additional color, with color pencils, but I need to rethink this piece. It's in seriously need of a focal point!

By the way, note on the upper right hand corner of my blog, you can sign up for my emails. I'm sending occassional art-related spiffy new email newsletters now, so, if you're interested, please sign up. THANKS!
 

1 comment:

  1. I run into the focal point problem a lot. Maybe you can print out an additional image and put it on top of everything else?

    Sorry to read about your food poisoning at CREATE. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails