Walking & Watercolors along the French Riviera
Sept 10-16 Join your Blue Walk host Carlo, and our very special guest Jane LaFazio, for a spectacular week of “Walking & Watercolors” along the French Riviera.
The Blue Walk offers an extraordinary opportunity to spend a week on the Cote d’Azur, leisurely strolling its gorgeous coast, meandering through its best-loved towns, and enjoying classes taught by our artist extraordinaire, Jane LaFazio.
Using a pencil, a pen and a small set of watercolors, you’ll illustrate the details of your French Rivera experience. Jane LaFazio is known for her fun-loving, supportive instruction, and she will teach you to draw and paint in your own style, as unique to you as your handwriting. You'll learn how to capture the subject in pencil and then add watercolor in a quick and intuitive way.
Each day we’ll stop along our walk to draw and paint the details that capture your interest - just quickly, and on small 5x7” journal size pages. Our stops could be a colorful French flower market, pausing along a shaded seaside promenade, or lingering at an outdoor cafe sipping cappuccinos. With the Cote d'Azur as our backdrop, inspirations are limitless.
At the end of the week, we’ll compile a small book with your pages and memories of the Blue Walk tucked inside.
· Six nights at our unique art-inspired hotel in Nice with lovely gardens & pool
· Art classes with Jane LaFazio
· Gorgeous guided coastal walks
· One-week unlimited use train pass to get us to and from our walks
· Daily buffet breakfast
· Cafe lunch in Menton’s town square
· Picnic lunch in St. Jean Cap Ferrat
· Welcome dinner
· Farewell dinner
· All customized itineraries and maps
· Visit to the Ephrussi de Rothschild Villa & Gardens, St. Jean Cap Ferrat
· Visit to a local artist’s studio in Nice
· Visit to Cours Saleya, Nice’s colorful “Marché aux Fleurs”
· Visit to Antibes “Marché Provençal”
· Assistance of your hosts throughout
· All hotel taxes, fees and service charges
$2850 Price is per person, double occupancy, land only.
Single supplement available - ask for details