Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stencil Girl ~ the book

using my stencils
detail of California Autumn by Jane LaFazio
My pal, Mary Beth Shaw, has a new book, aptly named "Stencil Girl." It's full of projects using one of my favorite things, stencils! You can get the book on Amazon or through Mary Beth. And yes, I do have a piece in the book and yes, I used the stencils that I designed.
using my stencils
detail of California Autumn by Jane LaFazio
using my stencils
detail of California Autumn by Jane LaFazio
To create this piece, I used StencilGirl stencils designed by me, with acrylic ink on white and coffee stained cotton. I also stenciled organza, and used it to overlay some portions of the art quilt. I finished it off with hand stitching and free motion machine stitching.

3 comments:

  1. Your California Autumn is stunning! I ordered the book and now I am trying to patiently wait for its arrival. The big draw back of Amazon. I like walking into a store, choosing a book, and coming home to read it that night! LOL! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being part of the book Jane. Love the use of your stencils on fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty. Congrats on the book. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails