Wednesday, December 11, 2013

From my sketchbook ~ Frida LaFazio

Frida LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
Last month, my friends and I went to visit the Frida Kahlo exhibition in San Diego. We were so inspired by her work, and her story, that we got together to create our own Frida-style portraits.
IMG_4078
detail from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
IMG_4077
 detail from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
IMG_4076
detail from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
I created mine by printing out a b&w laser print of my face. I glued it to my sketchbook and then painted parts of it with Daniel Smith Watercolor Ground, and let it dry. Then, I drew my facial features and flowers etc with a Stabilo ALL Pencil and when I added watercolor.  Great fun!

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful experience Jane and love how you've surrounded yourself with so many fab colours, Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails