Thursday, March 05, 2015

The American Southwest is always an inspiration for me.

Red Rock Petroglyphs (detail)
Red Rock Petroglyphs (detail) by Jane LaFazio
Red Rock Petroglyths
Red Rock Petroglyphs (14x13 inches) by Jane LaFazio

Sedona, Canyon de Chelly, Santa Fe, Taos.

Arizona and New Mexico. The beautiful and dramatic Southwest. The colors of those landscapes stay with me. They are so evocative of the history, the heritage, and the deep and rich Native American culture. 

I've been working with the warm colors of red, orange and yellow (oh, I mean carmine, bittersweet, and goldenrod) for quite awhile now. 

My intuitive stitching often leads me to simple circles and sometimes primitive marks.

And that all takes me to the Southwest!
Red Rock Petroglyphs (detail)
Red Rock Petroglyphs (detail) by Jane LaFazio
Red Rock Petroglyphs (detail)
Red Rock Petroglyphs (detail) by Jane LaFazio
The photos below, are a work in progress. And what do you know, the same color scheme!
in progress
Unnamed and inprogress by Jane LaFazio
I'll show you this when I've put it all together. 
in progress
Unnamed and inprogress by Jane LaFazio

5 comments:

  1. These are spectacular Jane. You really have captured the mood of the Southwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it again, super color, texture, and composition, love it.
    Did I mention great hand stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous!!!!! Love the color, love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting how this just keeps growing and getting larger. Are you feeling enlarged as you do it? I see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails