Sunday, June 26, 2016

from my sketchbook ~Bishops Ranch, Healdsburg, California


from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
I told you about Bishops Ranch here, and about the "Garden Patch" workshop I taught here

I had a full day to draw and paint, before my students arrived, and I did paint some mornings and after class. Here are some of page of my sketchbook. 
See that second chair from the left?
That's where I sat draw and paint the church, below
~ photo by Jane LaFazio
my pencil, then ink drawing of the church ~ by Jane LaFazio
my view of the church ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
nearly finished church ~ by Jane LaFazio

from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio

from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
Proseco and Persimmons ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ Jane LaFazio

from my sketchbook ~ Jane LaFazio

from my sketchbook ~ Jane LaFazio
I did use the inspiration from my sketchbook to add to my 'Garden Patch' art quilt.
from sketchbook to stitch ~ by Jane LaFazio
I brought a sketchbook with me, and filled it while I was at Bishops Ranch. I promise to show it to you soon! I hope to teach there again, and do a "Nature Journal" workshop since there are so many things and vistas to draw and paint on the grounds of the ranch.


3 comments:

  1. Such a peaceful place. Your sketching and stitching both so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sketches are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspiration and work, love your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails