Wednesday, June 22, 2016

From my workshop ~ Garden Patch ~ student work


inspiration photo by Jane LaFazio
I taught a 4 day workshop 'Garden Patch' at Bishops Ranch in Healdsburg in Northern California and in my last post, I showed you the beautiful countryside of Healdsburg.
We started the workshop by walking the grounds looking for inspiration for our quilts and our hand carved stamps.
students first designed and carved stamps

the mornings ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
My stamp, based on a bird image in the stained glass windows of the church
inspiration everywhere ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Me (in the center) and my students
Here is are the art quilts, created by the students. Most are 12x12 inches.
student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 

student work 
student work 
Pretty fabulous work, huh? I love how each quilt is completely original, even though they are learned the same process and techniques from me.

Next post, I'll show you some of my work and my sketchbook.




5 comments:

  1. I agree! Fabulous pieces of art! It's looks like a fun and inspiring class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous student work, either they were good to begin with or you did some amazing instruction. I'll wager both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work by the students. A credit to the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your smile is infectious!!!!! Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails