Wednesday, May 13, 2015

On the Danube ~ Budapest

on the Danube ~ Budapest ~ from my sketchbook
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
On our River cruise on the Danube, our first city was Budapest, Hungary.
on the Danube ~ Budapest
Me and my husband on a bus tour in Budapest
I'd never been to Budapest, and frankly didn't know much about it. My husband and I jumped on a hop on hop off bus for a city tour.
on the Danube ~ Budapest
Budapest ~ photo by Jane LaFazio

As usual, I am drawn to the gorgeous architecture.

on the Danube ~ Budapest
Budapest ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
on the Danube ~ Budapest
Budapest ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
The architecture is even more amazing when we learned that about 80% of the city was destroyed during World War II.  It's hard to imagine the city in the late 1940s and how far it's come. Budapest opened to the rest of the world in 1989, after fall of communism.

on the Danube ~ Budapest
Budapest ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Speaking of architecture, the photo above is of the huge and beautiful indoor central market of Budapest. We spent a couple of hours there.
on the Danube ~ Budapest
Yoga Poses in Public Places ~ Central Market in Budapest

on the Danube ~ Budapest
Another market's offerings....photo by Jane LaFazio
on the Danube ~ Budapest
Wine tasting, singing and accordion music in Budapest!
on the Danube ~ Budapest
Budapest, from the Danube ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Our River Cruise took us along the Danube when the sun went down. The city was transformed with lights! Simply gorgeous!
on the Danube ~ Budapest
 Parliament Building, Budapest, from the Danube ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
along the danube
On deck
I LOVED traveling via a river cruise! It is the way to go! Too expensive, for me in real life, but since I taught a group of 15 people, it worked out financially for me to go and take my husband.
More photos to come!

4 comments:

  1. great photos! looks like loads of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely photos. I went to Budapest a long time ago, just a few years after the Berlin wall feel and while the city showed some wear and tear I, also, was impressed with its grand architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I know just what you are experiencing as I was there one week ago sketching at the Palace! Yes the buildings are beautiful all lit up at night. I posted few of my quick sketches on my blog a couple of days ago. eileengidman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What boat were you on? Looks like fun 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails