Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Art on Tea Bags.......tiny gifts

Just playing. Ink and watercolor on tiny tags. by Jane LaFazio

A group of friends are doing a tea bag art swap and I needed to make 11 pieces of art on tea bags. This ended up being an easy and perfect theme!

Pomegranate on a tea bag by Jane LaFazio


Lemons  on a tea bag by Jane LaFazio
Orange on a tea bag by Jane LaFazio

Orange on a tea bag by Jane LaFazio

Milagro heart on a tea bag by Jane LaFazio


I painted a patch of white watercolor ground, on the bags, and let it dry. Then I went in with pen and watercolor. Then, I used my sewing machine to stitch them onto a another piece of paper and added the little hand painted tag to go with.
Milagro heart on a tea bag by Jane LaFazio

3 comments:

  1. Those are really adorable!! I've been saving a stash of tea bags ever since I saw the 'painted ladies' on tea bags project a while ago by another artist. I'm seeing that there are so many fun things to do with 'found objects'!! Yours is really cool!!! I remember you sewing on paper ever since I knew you (way back in the 90s!) I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen!!! You are ever inspiring, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gift tags... what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails