Saturday, August 13, 2011

Arizona Heat ~ monoprint

arizona heat detail

arizona heat
Aptly titled "Arizona Heat." A monoprint on cloth. I'll be putting some of my monoprints, including this one, in my JaneVille Etsy shop soon. And I'll be giving away one of the fabulous Gelli Printing Plates so you can try your own monoprinting.
arizona heat detail
I'll be teaching Monoprinting on Cloth at Visions Art Museum, San Diego on December 5.

I love these teeny tiny buttons! I usually find them in a scrap booking store (and pay way too much for them.)
arizona heat detail
Monoprinting is a fun technique for kids too. Check out Art & Creativity in Early Childhood Education blog. Anna Reyner, from Discount School Supply (where I get the BioColor paint I use for monoprinting)  came to my workshop at the Long Beach Quilt Festival and was inspired to adapt what I did for little kids.
arizona heat detail
HOT summer blog hop giveaway! Go on over to Tracie Lynn Huskamp's blog and see what she's giving away today! And come back here tomorrow for MY giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. Jane - I love it :) You are working magic with the Gelli gel plate! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon Bundschuh8/13/2011 2:53 PM

    Absolutely gorgeous... and accurate :) You make this heat look beautiful. Arizona misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to monoprint on fabric as well. I plan to teach some folks and am curious as to what paints you use and why. You've mentioned BioColor and fluid liquid Golden. Which to you use and when?? I'd really appreciate your help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stitching coming from the sun. And the color and texture of the green fabric is perfect for desert plants.

    I can't wait to see what you post on Esty. Did you do any with Saguaro cactus? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. l love mono printing on paper but really LOVE it on cloth. Your work is is gorgeous Jane.xxjust popping over to the other blog but will be back!xxxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanna Maxwell8/14/2011 5:07 PM

    Oh I need to practice, practice, practice and you are inspiring me to do just that. Wonderful! Thanks

    Jody Maxwell
    (Jill Berry's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore this, so vibrant! A gelli gel plate is in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails