Thursday, August 04, 2011

Long Beach Quilt Festival 2011

surviving the runway
Me, Leslie Tucker Jenison, Jamie Fingal, Judy Coates Perez, and Pokey Bolton 
Even though I'm busy teaching classes (and shopping, and looking at the art quilt exhibitions) at the Long Beach Quilt Festival, I manage to find time to hang with my peeps. This photo is from Cloth Paper Scissors/Make it University's annual Saturday evening event entitled "Surviviving the Runway." It was a royal wedding/hat theme.
royal hat surviving the runway
The contestants! they did a fabulous job decorating their hats and laughing and playing along.
the paparazzi at the Long Beach Quilt Festival
The paparazzi!  (That's Lindsey Murray on the left, from Cloth Paper Scissors staff)



Me and my quilt "Industrial Aged" at "The Space Between" exhibition at the
Long Beach Quilt Festival this year.
students from my 1 hour class
I taught a Make it University session, Sketching & Watercolor Journal Style. I had 16 students and they all did great!
students from my 1 hour class  students from my 1 hour class students from my 1 hour class


students from my 1 hour class  students from my 1 hour class
The Make it University sessions are only 1 hour (checkin my watch above!) and take place in the middle of the convention center exhibition floor. Crazy but fun!

students from my 1 hour class
I'm at Art Unraveled, in Phoenix, right now and returning August 7. If you're nearby, stop by the Shopping Extravaganza on August 6.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. One of these days I will make it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a great time, so wish I could teleport myself to it.....regards ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to IQF Long Beach on Sunday. All the exhibits were so inspiring this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy a new dress in one of those pics! :)

    Lucky you for being there; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane,
    Your quilt is gorgeous. Wish I could have seen it in person. Looks like the show was lots of fun.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun! I wish I were there too

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Your pics are almost a good as being there, well, not really. I miss all my artist friends this summer teaching season, hope to cross paths soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails