Thursday, April 05, 2012

Mundo Lindo

march 15, 2012
I have taught Mundo Lindo ~ Beautiful World, an after school art program since 2007. I created the program and got the grant to fund it. I continue to teach every week and I create each and every lesson.
Mundo Lindo
For the past 3 years, I've taught it every Thursday, from 3-5pm through out the school year. For the two years prior to that, I taught it twice a week, 2 hours each time, year round.
march 15, 2012
this month

Mundo Lindo tie dye
2007
mask teaching
2008

last thursday class
2007

Feb 8 Tuesday      Clay   march 15, 2012
self portraits 11_17
2011
The past year, the class size ranges from 15-24 kids each Thursday. It's free for the kids, they are all 4th & 5th graders in Escondido public schools.
march 15, 2012

march 15, 2012
I love these kids and it makes me so happy to see them being creative, making art, and enjoying themselves. I've been blogging every week, since the first day of the program, April 26, 2007, on my Mundo Lindo ~ Beautiful World blog, photographing the kids, the art and the fun. We can always use donations. Just email me, and I'll give you the mailing address for your tax deductible donation. But much more important, is that maybe you go out and teach some kids to make art, or buy some art supplies for kids in your neighborhood.
march 15, 2012
two weeks ago

5 comments:

  1. I love all that you do but Mundo Lindo is where your love of art really makes a difference. You are very inspirational and I just wanted to tell you that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you teach and inspire these young creative minds. And such a giving thing to do.....sharing your talent in this way. Wonderful.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before and will say it again... Mundo Lindo is a WONDERFUL program that you have created. And you can see and feel the joy of the children in the photos and in your "classroom". They will remember this experience the rest of their lives. PS I recognize a lot of the 2007 kids. Hard to believe you've been doing the program that long! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used your blog to try to influence our school district into implementing such a program. I would love to do something similar. I teach primary students. the intermediate teachers and primary teachers are being split into two separate schools next year. The intermediate teachers would like to make a performing art school. I suggested simply art school with an added class like yours. The district is in such flux and so worried about test scores they can not see the value of this. I will not give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. isnt painting with CHildren so incredible! I especially love giving them a new voice to share emotion and thoughts with. Your art is beautiful. Very inspiring. I cant wait to visit again with more time to browse your postings. A new "follower"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails