Sunday, April 01, 2012

The Kindness Chronicles

the kindness chronicles
The Kindness Chronicles


Write a note of appreciation to someone who doesn't expect it.
The Kindness Chronicles

Teacher, Susan Avery Clark created this form (above) for her high school students. I'll keep you posted on what they write about.
The Kindness Chronicles

+++++++++++++++++

cupcakes are kind

the book of me
I made cupcakes for my Mundo Lindo kids. Just because.
...and with 4 cupcakes left over, I walked out into the park and found 2 young moms with 4 small children, and offered them the cupcakes. They were thrilled and surprised.
++++++++++++++
Why I Wake Early
by Mary Oliver
Hello, sun in my face.
Hello, you who make the morning
and spread it over the fields
and into the faces of the tulips
and the nodding morning glories,
and into the windows of, even, the  
miserable and the crotchety--


best preacher that ever was,
dear star, that just happens
to be where you are in the universe
to keep us from ever-darkness,
to ease us with warm touching,
to hold us in the great hands of light--
good morning, good morning, good morning.


Watch, now, how I start the day
in happiness, in kindness.


The Kindness Chronicles

My friend, Fred Jacobsen, made these "Be Kind, pass it on" cards to distribute. A lovely little reminder.
+++++++++++
You can join The Kindness Chronicles. Grab the badge for your blog or email me. And post on the first Sunday of the month. (My March 4 post here.)
Meanwhile check out these Chroniclers today Lyric Kinard,  Linda Kittmer, Tracie Lyn Huskamp  and Cheryl Spieth Gardiner and leave your kindness chronicle in the comments section. THANKS!

5 comments:

  1. I naturally do the kind things you are referring to on my own: bring sweets into work for no reason, smile and say hello to strangers on the street, go out of my way to help others, etc. But last week you came to mind when my husband and I were standing in the bakery waiting for our order to be gathered when a little girl came in crying because she skinned her knee. I thought she was the child of the clerk cleaning and bandaging it, but realized she was not, so when she picked out her morning treat I said "my treat." She was still in shock so even though the clerk told her that I was paying for her treat she still didn't really get it. But I felt good about trying to make her day a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a free $2 candy coupon at the movie theater and I gave it to two twenty-something guys in the snack line. They were surprised and appreciative. I helped our young expectant neighbor pick a bunch of our snow peas so she and her baby will be healthy! My friend Helen gave me a Starbucks lollipop cake as a belated birthday treat. My friend Jane gave me a little tiny doll for my granddaughter. I have so many Facebook friends who cheer me up with greetings and comments. Kindness is spilling out everywhere if we pay attention. Thanks so much for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lady in front of me at Starbucks paid for my drink. The next day I did it to the person in back of me. Fun!
    I helped 2 85 year old ladies find and drag out beach chairs down to the edge of the water.
    I wrote many thank you notes to people who had hosted an art retreat here in Florida. Hand written thank you'd are wonderful!
    I helped find the owner of a runaway dog on the beach. Tearful reunion!:)
    Listening to a 93 year old lady talk on... And on... And on...when she left, SHE thanked ME!
    Have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always make print more Michales coupons than I need, I then ask everybody in every line if they need a coupon.

    I sent a blogger friend a postcard, that I made and told her how much I appreciate her being my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is fabulous! (And I love your Leo Buscaglia quote in last month's post... So very true!)

    I look forward to officially joining you in May! In honor of "passing it on", here are a couple of kindness pdfs I created and shared on my blog:

    http://kristindudish.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-notes-worth-posting-again.html

    http://kristindudish.blogspot.com/2012/01/more-kindness-take-what-you-need.html

    Hooray for kindness!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails