Monday, August 02, 2010

Indigo. work in progress (day two)


I love indigo and I love hand stitching. About 5 years ago, I first heard the word the Japanese art of sashiko, patching with white thread on blue cloth and I made this piece, that I attached to my levi jacket. I'm inspired again, after I bought a selection of indigo dyed fabrics and threads from Glennis Dolce at the Long Beach Quilt Festival.
Shown is day two of my current project with a detail here. I'm working intuitively, just placing the fabric as I go, layering and stitching. It's got a long way to go, and I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. very nice, Jane. I like the contrast of blues/whites. have a great time in AZ. we are heading out for the annual family camp trip. will see you in art class on Sunday,the 22nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you have tried a little quilt weaving....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, this is fun! I hope you have a great time at Art Unraveled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these indigos and had to order a packet myself. Happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails