Saturday, December 15, 2012

Around the house ~kitchen towels to placemats

dish cloths to place mat
our kitchen table

dish cloths to place mat
I love cute kitchen towels, and wanted to do something more permanent with them. I found these artichoke ones at Crate and Barrel and made them into place mats.
dish cloths to place mat
I bought two towels, folded each in half, with batting in between. Then I free motion stitched around the designs, trimmed them up into rectangles and zig-zagged the edges. Easy, not rocket science, but I thought I share the idea it with you.
dish cloths to place mat

dish cloths to place mat

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    Hope you are get in some relaxation during this busy time of year.

    I'm writing to find out where I can buy some of your stencils?
    thanks
    Sharon
    And I love these place mats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did give me an idea! Since i cannot find placemats i like i may have to make my own! Thanks Girlie! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy, but really pretty! What a god idea. Now I'll be looking for some towels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - love the free motion quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them. What are the spindle looking items in the jar on the table? 'they are cool looking.
    Thank you so all your sharings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!! but then - you ALWAYS have great ideas!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about pretty, simple and easy! I saw this idea used for a baby quilt, too. The larger print on one small, a small scale on the other. Quilt around the large scale print, then trim the quilt's wdges with a purchased or third fabric, homemade bias tape. Just like your placemats! Wow! Just like your placemats could, the baby quilt could have a unique shape: clover, oval, etc. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Tell me about those huge "honey" dippers.... at least that's what they look like. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails