Saturday, May 25, 2013

Peonies and Ponies

instagram photos may 2013
photo by Jane LaFazio
teaching in Maryland
photo by Jane LaFazio
teaching in Maryland
photo by Jane LaFazio
I'm totally enamored with peonies! I was in Maryland recently, and witnessed them growing in the gardens and coming into bloom in a vase on the table. They are sooo beautiful! They don't grow in San Diego, so of course, they seem even more precious.
teaching in Maryland
photo by Jane LaFazio
instagram photos may 2013
photo by Jane LaFazio

instagram photos may 2013
Maryland ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
And, I visited a thoroughbred horse ranch and loved seeing these horses with their babies!
teaching in Maryland
photo by Jane LaFazio
teaching in Maryland
photo by Jane LaFazio
teaching in Maryland
photo by Jane LaFazio
instagram photos may 2013
photo by Jane LaFazio

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peonies are my favorite flower. I remember transplanting my grandmother's peonies to my own yard in NJ. The soil was so bad they never bloomed again but they survived the whole time we lived there. No chance they'll live here in the AZ desert. Thanks for the beautiful photos and the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos. I can't wait to see some peonies in your sketchbook! Oddly, peonies also grow in the northern clime of Calgary - but at the moment the ones in my garden have just started to grow - they are only about 4 inches tall with barely a sign of a bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peonies, too. They are all full of buds in my garden right now. You should look into tree peonies, I think they might not mind your hot summers if planted in the right spot. Mine is just finishing blooming. The petals look like silk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peonies are one of my favorites for their decadent lushness. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love peonies too - remind me of growing up in New England, where they were abundant. My Nana had them in her garden. I have them here, but their season is normally short because it gets so warm when they bloom. We are having a cool Spring, so we are enjoying them longer. ;-D

    Lovely photos Jane!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails