Tuesday, October 29, 2013

from my sketchbook ~ a tiny tutorial and a page from Pam Carriker's new book!



13 finished
from my sketchbook

My pal, Pam Carriker, has a new book out, titled "Creating Art at the Speed of Life" and I have some artwork in the book. 


Here's how I created the artwork:
the subject
the subject ~ by Jane LaFazio
2
step one ~ by Jane LaFazio
4
step two ~ (with a Tombow, water soluble pen) by Jane LaFazio
5
step three ~  (with a Tombow, water soluble pen) by Jane LaFazio
6
step four ~  (blending the pen with a waterbrush filled with clear water) by Jane LaFazio
7
step five ~  (blending the pen with a waterbrush filled with clear water) by Jane LaFazio
8
step six ~  (blending the pen with a waterbrush filled with clear water) by Jane LaFazio
9
step seven ~  (I drew in the shadow and painted it with watercolor) by Jane LaFazio
10
step eight ~ (I cut out from an Italian book page, and collaged it)  by Jane LaFazio

11
step nine  ~ by Jane LaFazio

Buon Giorno ~ by Jane LaFazio

6 comments:

  1. Quick question....in the book mentioned above, the author uses a product called "sequin waste." I understand what it is, but was wondering if you knew where I might get it. Thanks for the sharing the book as well as your tutorial. As always, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i have to ask, how did the bookpage get behind the phone???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mention that, did I? I just cut it out, very close to the top of the phone and glued it down....

      Delete
  3. I love your tutorial as always it's nice to read your post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tutorial, as always it's nice to read your post. Thanks. PS and the sketch is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails