Monday, January 09, 2012

Doodles in layers

from doodling to...
Can you tell I had lots of fun with this!?
from doodling to...

from doodling to...

from doodling to...

from doodling to...

from doodling to...

from doodling to...

from doodling to...

from doodling to...

Here's the layer below, inspired by The Sketchbook Challenge January theme of doodling:
Doodling in my sketchbook
I did the doodle drawing, straight to ink and watercolored it. Then I traced some images ink, on to vellum, from other pages in my sketchbook, that inspired the doodles. Then I attached the vellum to the page and colored some of the images with color pencil. I'll definitely do more of these! 
Don't forget to leave a comment on my January 1st post for a great giveaway! I'll announce the winner on January 12th.

13 comments:

  1. I like the layered look. Your sketches are beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the vellum overlay. It gives the sketch an ethereal quality:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sketches are always so beautiful! Interesting layering. I'll have to try that some time.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!
    MF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nysha Oren Nelson1/10/2012 12:55 PM

    I love the layered drawings - great way to begin thinking of quilting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like being drawn into a fantasy world. Incredibly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane... hope that's in the new March 29 class LOL! Question... what ink pen did you use? I tried the Pitt pens on vellum and they smeared! I was surprised to say the least.... Cheers, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look like you had fun with it. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane this is beautiful. I love the contrast between the stong back ground and the softer velum. I could try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful. This is as if one is viewing nature on a misty morning through a glass pane on which one has doodled!

    A very new and creative idea

    K.N.Malathi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails