Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cuba ~ exterior walls

Cuba ~ exterior walls

Cuba ~ exterior walls
Cuba's location, with his heat, humidity, salt air and hurricanes, is hard on the buildings. Not to mention, that most everything is at least 100 years old and untouched.
Cuba ~ exterior walls



Cuba ~ exterior walls

There is no real graffiti, as we Americans know it. Mostly message-laden artwork.
Cuba ~ exterior walls

Cuba ~ exterior walls

Cuba ~ exterior walls
I can't image what this means??? but it makes me smile. (above)
Cuba ~ exterior walls

Cuba ~ exterior walls

Cuba ~ exterior walls

Cuba ~ exterior walls

Cuba ~ exterior walls

Cuba ~ exterior walls,
Tomorrow Cuba Community. And my last post (for now) on Cuba.

5 comments:

  1. glad you are having such an amazing time. As usual uyour images are crystal clear, beautiful and very informativexxthanks for the tour.xxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite photos Jane! Patina heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worn and shabby, and yet beautiful at the same time. Soulful, I think. Is it possible to feel an ache for a place you have never visited???
    MF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad to think they can't maintain their buildings... especially those with beautiful tile and artwork. Hard to imagine how they all looked when they were in good condition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane
    Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos of Cuba. I was there in 1960, at the beginning of the revolution. I was there with a group also.(political)
    Eventhough, everything looks old and worn , Cuba still has it’s vibrancy.
    I want to go back and see for myself.
    I’d be interested in your watercolor trip in 2013.
    I’ll keep my eyes open for more information.
    Thanks again for sharing!!
    Harriet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails