Saturday, July 09, 2016

from my sketchbook: Bishops Ranch

the cover ~ by Jane LaFazio
I showed you some of my sketchbook from Bishops Ranch in this blog post, with a promise for more.
The cover, above is from a cereal box (like I teach in my online workshop "Cereal Box Journal.")
I created the inside pages of the book from hot press watercolor paper.
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio

from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
 This page, below, is the start of the design for the hand carved stamp, in green.
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio

from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
This page, below, was a series of drawings, as inspiration for a stamp design, and then some ideas for small stamps.
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
This page, below, is a series of sketches of the things in nature, around the ranch, with an idea to create them in embroidery stitches.
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio

from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
These two pages are the stamps the students designed in my workshop.
student's work~ by Jane LaFazio

student's work ~ by Jane LaFazio
Obviously, I could go back in and finish some of the pages, adding more journaling or photos...and maybe I'll get around to that. But for now, this remains a fine record of my time at Bishops Ranch, in Northern California.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal you really captured the place and the week, so glad to spend time with you at The Bishop's Ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always!!! I love the way you record the worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please post more pages from your sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little journal, as always. I took your online "Cereal Box Journal" class and am thrilled with the little journal I made. I plan on making more in the future! Please keep posting more pictures of your artwork, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails