Monday, April 19, 2010

Tree of Life Workshop in San Diego, May 1

 I'm teaching a (fabulous) workshop on May 1 at the Mingei Museum in San Diego on May 1. We'll be visiting the current exhibition, Viva Mexico and viewing the wonderful collection of Trees of Life for inspiration, then we'll create our own, individual Tree of Life on 9x12" paper using watercolor and collage. Here's one of mine, in progress. (You can sign up online here.)

Here's a page from my sketchbook, created while looking at the Tree of Life collection at the Mingei.






And here's the start of my Tree of Life. I drew it in pencil first, then went over the lines in permanent ink. This is part of the process I'll be teaching at the workshop on May 1. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the peek inside your sketchbook. I love getting that sense of where the art is coming from!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails