Wednesday, December 08, 2010

taking a workshop

me
Moi, in Amber George's workshop. (Forgot to mention, I'm wearing my Spoonflower fabric apron.)
inks
Here's the paint we're using. It takes 2-3 days to dry.
step1 step2
The process is a trip. the image on the left is layers of ink on plexi. Once printed (image on the right) the colors that were the bottom layer on the plexi are on top... Twists your head around when you're creating.  During this workshop, I've made lots of prints, both on paper and cloth all with this same color scheme and theme. Of course, after they are dry, I'll collage, and sew and paint and pencil them into submission......

7 comments:

  1. It sure looks like a lot of fun! I'll look forward to seeing everything you do with the prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors! working backwards like that always put me in a spin! It's hard for me to think in reverse...but it would be fun to see unexpected results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you rub your tummy and pat your head too? I can imagine that it takes a lot of brain power to keep the layer straight. Beautiful work, Jane. I love the color palate and look forward to seeing where you go with these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane is working her MAGIC as usual to create Beauty!

    Thinking of you today... and LOVING the picture of your smile!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I know they're going to be just beautiful when you finish applying your special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds like great fun. I think you mean carbarundum (can't spell it though).

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look amazing and such amazing colours. I love making mono prints.xlynda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails