Thursday, December 30, 2010

How I see

Husb and I went to Balboa Park this week, and visited the San Diego Museum of Art. When I go places, these are the kinds of photos I take:
space between pink
buds column

chinese window
As I was preparing this post, I thought the photos would be one post, and my latest stitched monotype would be another post. Then I realized how similar my inspiration photos are to my work. Funny how something that should be obvious occurs to you, isn't it?

orange sherbet
Orange Sherbet ~9x9 inches
orange sherbet~detail
I've stitched on this for weeks and it just didn't seem finished till I added these tiny cut out appliques.
orange sherbet~detail

orange sherbet~detail

orange sherbet~detail
It's going to my JaneVille Etsy shop now.

8 comments:

  1. Your hand stitching on this work is lovely and gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couleurs vous me faites chavirer... Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing photos like this!! HTese are the sorts that I would take as well!!!
    Your monoprinted stitched piece is so inspiring Jane!! I lvoe the pops of Turquoise- a real wow Now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane,
    It is ironic that something we do, just naturally for fun, or part of habit, has no deeper meaning for us; at least initially. Yet, I beleive that as artists we see everything with, what I call, our ART HEART. Everything you see, with your special "eye" is inspiring your work; what is buried within us always comes pouring out into our work. YOur photos are lovely BUT your work is REMARKABLE!! Happy Creative New Year to you! hugs- Pam (another mixed media fanatic!). Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog--uh, you did didn't you? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess a lot of us take photos like that. I'm always taking photos of textures and inspiring surfaces. Your piece is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That textile piece is just beautiful, Jane. Oh my! I see it sold in a heartbeat, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! I do the same kind of photos, which makes DH kind of laugh at me, but I've been getting really interesting results from them. Have you seen the wall of batik blocks in The Mingei? That just begs to be a quilt.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual, your work is beautiful. You are a very talented lady and are a great inspiration for me.xlynda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails