Monday, January 03, 2011

another journal page

 stage two
As I have proclaimed, to all who will listen, 2011 seems to be the year of the sketchbook! I'm also taking the Strathmore Visual Journal online workshop series (it's FREE) and this is the first lesson. Create a page with copies of your older journal pages. And then I added color. Wild huh? Maybe I'm channeling my friend Kelli Nina Perkins in this particular journal.
stage one
here's the page before color. Recognize the skates and house from here?

8 comments:

  1. You know what else I would add to that? Surround yourself with people who follow their own dreams too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cori Lynn: You're absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in this too! Just posted my first page. I've never done anything like this before and it was so much fun! Now I've got to get the journaling part down. I forget to write on the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great journal page! And it's soooo true. Thanks for the reminder. Johoanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fabulous.. I need to work on this on Thurs.. will be out of town till then.. love your page.u hve so inspired me! hugs to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for putting me on to this...trying to decide if I want to use my quilt art or my photos for the inspiration..."see you later gator"...off to the printer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! this link to the Strathmore class is perfect as I have just purchased their visual journal yesterday! [I couldn't resist the eye-catching,artistic "journal
    page" which covers the actual journal. Good marketing on their part!]
    Thanks for sharing! Off to copy an old journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane
    I've joined the Strathmore Visual Journal and have completed the first project! Thanks for sharing the link. Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails