Tuesday, January 25, 2011

this and that

I told you about a profile of yours truly on the wonderful blog and resource ArtPlantae Today. Readers sent in some thought provoking questions and I've answered them here.

Another element for my Nostalgia series. The bird is one from my watercolor journal, transfered to the linen.
bird on hankie

bird on hankie detail


see page 36-39
My "Basillica San Marco" art quilt and article is in this issue (feb/march 2011) of Quilting Arts magazine. Wish you could see the quilt in person.
brocade~like
detail from "Basillica San Marco"

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I will pick up the magazine as soon as it hits the newstands. I love the oranges in your basillica piece. You are a hand stitching goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MaryAnn@SticksAndBroomstraws.com1/25/2011 3:15 PM

    How did you transfer the bird from your journal to the linen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle - squetcher1/26/2011 7:15 AM

    Congratulations on being in QA! I have a subscription so I'll look forward to that issue.
    Thanks for answering all those questions. Several of them had been rumbling through my brain for a while. Your enthusiasm is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always get Quilting Arts and look forward to your article .. Your a very talented lady and I enjoy seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails