Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Make your own piece of felt

cover made from handmade felt
cover made from handmade felt   cover made from handmade felt
cover made from handmade felt  cover made from handmade felt
I made this piece of felt and then sewed a journal cover from it. There are tons of things you can make with your own piece of handmade original felt. Wall hanging, journal cover, pillow top, box...

felt
This is a piece of felt that I cut up, embroidered and reassembled.
Pillow

Felt Box

LaFazio_Zen Eucalyptus mid view
Here's a detail view of my Zen Eucalyptus, curently hanging in Quilt Visions 2010: No Boundaries at the Oceanside Museum of Art. Created from hand made felt, cut up, embroidered, reassembled.

Making Felt
The process involves rolling and agitating the fibers for about 45-60 minutes
And I can teach you how to do this! (you knew there was point to this post, didn't you?) I'm teaching wet felting in San Diego Feb 5 & 6 (email Beth), in Newbury Park (Ventura-ish) May 7 & 8 (email Eileen) and in Idyllwild July 1 & 2. Hope to see you at one of these workshops.

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty piece you used to cover your journal, love the colors. That looks like a pretty good workout, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Everyone will get a beautiful piece of felt and a triceps workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, somehow through the Sketchbook Challenge site I came upon you... What an absolute treat and feast for the eyes. I will be going through your site bit by bit. I'm a watercolor artist and also have a passion for paper arts , fiber arts, etc... We just need a whole other lifetime .!!! I see your making muscles in the making of your felt... .. thanks for sharing ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your felt work is beautiful. I love making felt. Unfortunately, I have problems with my lower back and end up in lots of pain after just 10 or 15 minutes of making felt. Any suggestions? Wish I could come to your workshop, but it's a little far from Australia for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous wonderful inspiring work!! I am off to felt with the fifth graders again today. they are INPSIRED rollers and even better felt throwers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal cover is FAB! And you are so CUTE!
    Muah, Muah! (Like the "housewives" LMAO)

    ReplyDelete
  7. have you ever thought of doing an ecourse...because l would be VERY interested? xx This work is AMAZINGxxlynda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails