Sunday, December 30, 2012

from my sketchbook ~ Pinecones & pods

pinecones

pinecones
You probably recognize parts of this sketchbook page. The tutorial for the watercolor pinecone is here and the water soluble pencil tutorial is here. I added the stipple version, and pods to complete the page.


pinecones
I worked over this over a few days, as I usually do on a 9x12 inch sketchbook page.
pinecones
I sewed this handmade paper onto the larger page
pinecones

pinecones

and cupcake toppers too!

I'm thinking about my word for 2013. Are you? Let me know! I'll be doing a post in a few days about my word, and I'll list some of yours.

7 comments:

  1. Oh!!! Je viendrais bien déguster ces superbes petits gâteaux rehaussés de vos merveilleuses créations... Vous avez beaucoup de talent.

    Je vous renouvelle tous mes voeux pour 2013 avec de gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Jane!

    My goodness, you are posting early today!
    I love your sketchbook page! My sketching class with you has inspired me, and I've come up with a great idea for next year's Christmas....but my lips are sealed until then! I'm still sketching and painting as often as possible, and it is so relaxing and enjoyable! Thank you for being such a great teacher.

    I have a phrase for 2013: GO FOR IT!

    Happy New Year Dear Jane!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pinecone sketches, Jane! You should come to Idyllwild, where we have lots of pinecones to sketch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are drawing pinecones. I've been drawing and painting them also, but using watercolor. If you were to paint yours, how would you go about it? Thanks and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cathy, the link was in the post, on how I painted the one pinecone with watercolor http://janeville.blogspot.com/2012/12/more-pinecones-tiny-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails