Wednesday, February 24, 2010

gelatin monoprints in progress

 I spent the day yesterday creating gelatin monoprints. I started here, and then read Jen Mason's article in this Cloth Paper Scissors. In my experience, with any kind of print-making you need to make a whole bunch of prints, trying different colors and over printing and playing to come up with a few you like. I printed on both cloth and paper and these three (on cloth) were some of my faves. This photo shows them with batting and a little machine stitching and now I'm hand stitching. I'm liking the way they actual are a series. I'll show you the finished pieces later this week.
 

6 comments:

  1. I love these, Jane! I've been wanting to try the gelatin monoprinting. Never done it before. I really like the bubbles you created with your stitching. I look forward to seeing what you do with these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, I love these too, especially that middle one. I've no idea what gelatin mono printing is but it looks like a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great. I want to try it.
    What a fun lunch that was!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gelatin monoprinting is one of my fav projects! I can keep going for hours and I have kept the gelatin blocks workable for up to THree weeks in the fridge- I do some on old school lunch trays and don't take the blocks out of the tray so when I am done for a session, I clean off the gelatin and cover with saran and pop it in the fridge. This is great fun to do with kids as well. Have you tried using large bubble bubble wrap to lift off some paint and then take a print from paint that is left- You get great circle patterns!! have fun!! Love your House pieces!!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! Jane! You always lead the way into more and more fun adventures!!! But this weekend I've got to do my assignments for Melanie's class..... soon I'm going to try this. Thanks for the link!!! You are the best, both your art and your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Just today I was thinking that I should try out that technique, and now I'm even more intrigued.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails