Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tree of Life: Guadalupe

 
I started my artist career as a watercolor artist. I did this watercolor about (gulp) 8 or 9 years ago. I've done a series of these Tree of Life paintings, all 22x30" on watercolor paper, embellished, collaged and sewn on the paper. The originals are long sold...but I do have some prints (don't ask me. I really need to get it together and put them on etsy) Anyway, you can see the others here and all my Mexican themed work here. There were a couple more, but I didn't get photos. I love doing these, though they take weeks and weeks of work. Point of bringing this up, is that I'm going to teach a 6 hour workshop on this, at the Mingei Museum in Balboa Park (San Diego). I don't know the exact date, but I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

  1. Jane, Tree of Life is awesome! But I want more detail, please. How large is it? Did you do it with the same technique you teach in the Studio Journal class? I love it!
    Mimi in Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful and I only wish I was near enought to go to one of your workshops!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, Jane. It takes alot of work and you know how to work it. THEN you play hard. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane.. I LOVE this piece. Working in a series can be so satisfying and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic, Jane! I'd love to take that workshop!! Looks like a ton of detail went into it! - really fantastic!! - Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These trees, and your Mexican work is stunning! I love how you mix the material, the textures and the colours are amazing. Lucky students of art you will have :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails