Saturday, June 20, 2015

From my sketchbook~ carrotwood pods


from my sketchbook ~ Carrotwood
the start of the page ~ by Jane LaFazio
These beautiful pods have been dropping like crazy all over our front walk. Husb brought me in a few, admiring their beauty. Perfect subject for my sketchbook.
from my sketchbook ~ Carrotwood
This is the tree in front of our house. photo by Jane LaFazio
I found out later, from my readers, that it a Carrotwood tree. Who knew?
from my sketchbook ~ Carrotwood
page in progress ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ Carrotwood
page in progress ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ Carrotwood
page in progress ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ Carrotwood
page in progress ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ Carrotwood
page in progress ~ by Jane LaFazio
I brought in a branch of just the unopened pods and drew and inked them. Wouldn't you know, the very next day they began to open! (I always tell my students to draw, ink and paint in one sitting!) No problem though, I've got a tree full of more pods, so I brought in another to paint from.
page in progress ~ by Jane LaFazio
I got the date stamp here. and I know you're going to ask about my tiny watercolor palette. It's the size of a business card! It's a pocket palette from Expeditionary Art.
from my sketchbook ~ Carrotwood
Carrotwood Tree ~ by Jane LaFazio
from my sketchbook ~ Carrotwood
The finished (or nearly so) page ~ by Jane LaFazio
My online Sketching and Watercolor: Journal Style class starts soon! (Each lessons is stepped out in pdf documents, with photos like these and written descriptions. Plus videos) Hope you'll join me! It's the perfect class for beginners!

2 comments:

  1. Carrotwood pod, that's new! Your sketch and water color are beautiful, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, what colors are your favorites to use in that tiny palette? I had seen that on her blog...looks like a handy little thing to have! Interesting pods btw! I remember seeing them when I lived there, but had no idea what they were called!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails