Sunday, June 14, 2015

I'm teaching at ART IS YOU ~ art retreats in Minneapolis and Connecticut




I'll be teaching for Art is You in both Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Stamford, Connecticut this year.


My  Sketching and Watercolor: Autumn workshop continues to be my most popular and my favorite to teach. The loose theme for this class is autumn, but it's just a framework to teach people to draw and paint. So often, students will tell me they 'can't draw a stick figure" and that they haven't drawn since 3rd grade. It's absolutely thrilling to me, to watch them learn and then create something in their sketchbook that they are proud of! I feel I'm giving them a lifelong skill that they will always cherish. Giving people the tools to keep an illustrated journal and to really appreciate each moment is priceless! I really feel I'm sharing something important in this workshop. Seriously, learning to draw can be life changing.
Thursday, September 17 in Minneapolis, MN  and in Stamford, Connecticut on Sunday, October 11 

from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio  
 workshop: "
Sketching and Watercolor: Autumn"
Thursday, September 17 in Minneapolis, MN
My other two workshops are new this year; both are spin-offs of what I love to do. “Felt Like Stitching is instant gratification with colored felt and hand stitching. 
(Saturday, September 19 in Minneapolis, MN and in Stamford, Connecticut Saturday, October 10
 “Felt Like Stitching” example by Jane LaFazio 
Saturday, September 19 in Minneapolis, MN
Student work! from my Abstract Collage workshop.
And “Abstract Collage Using the Gelli Plate”  is about my favorite monoprinting and then creating a finished piece to hang on the wall. It will be exciting to watch students take what I teach and make it their own. I'm always wowed by the creativity! (Friday, September 18 in Minneapolis, MN and Friday, October 9 in Stamford, Connecticut) 
"Pink Berry" 10x10 inches by Jane LaFazio
Abstract Collage Using the Gelli Plate workshop example. 
Friday, September 18 in Minneapolis, MN

Your Totally Original Small Art Quilt We'll be designing and carving our own easy peasy stamps, using them on fabric, and then using the original fabric to make a hand sewn art quilt. (Sunday, September 20 in Minneapolis ) 
detail Your Totally Original Small Art Quilt by Jane LaFazio

I'm a natural extrovert, so chatting and laughing and teaching fuels me. I love meeting new people, especially when we are all such like-minded, artistic souls, who've come together for the pure pleasure of 'making stuff!' I'm so looking forward to Art is You, Minneapolis, Minnesota and in  Art is You in Stamford, Connecticut, October 7-11, 2015. 
Me ~ teaching
Minneapolis: 



Connecticut: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails