Friday, June 26, 2015

Pink Bud ~ a collage

Pink Berry
 detail "Pink Bud"   by Jane LaFazio
Pink Berry
 "Pink Bud" 10x10 collage by Jane LaFazio
Pink Berry
 detail "Pink Bud"   by Jane LaFazio
I've written before about the symbols we are attracted to, and as artists, seem to use again and again. One of mine is the branch with leaves shape, in this collage. It was just free cut, since I know it by heart, I use it so much! What is different about this piece, (for me) is the color scheme. I was going for a red and taupe. Ages ago, I saw a picture in a catalog of red and taupe bath towels and really liked it. Filed it away in my brain to use one day.
Pink Berry
 detail "Pink Bud"   by Jane LaFazio

I'd thought you'd like to see it before I finished it off with the circles (below). Often it just takes one little addition to finish off a piece....but may take all day to figure out what that one little thing is!
in progress~ Pink Berry
in progress "Pink Bud" by Jane LaFazio BEFORE I added the circles

6 comments:

  1. Yes! The little free-hand circles absolutely made it. I always love your work, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color combination and the way you repeated shapes in different colors. What color paint did you use for the taupe shade? It looks like an umber?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri, i mixed the color. I used biocolor from discountschoolsupply.com

      Delete
    2. Gorgeous layering, color and texture, makes the whole so rich.

      Delete
  3. paper, fabric or both?? :) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails