Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tiny Tutorial: Paper Flower Box

20
Yes, I still do have pages left in the cookbook from my dad... and I'm still making stuff from the pages of the book. Inspired by "Playing with Books" I've created my own project.
1       2
I used a little papier mache box from the local craft store. They come in all sizes and shapes. I cut strips from the book pages, and covered the box lid and bottom, using acrylic matte medium as my glue.
3       4
I used a 3" circle paper punch and cut a bunch of circles. I started by folding them in quarters.

5      6
I have a whole punch that can reach the center of the 3" circle. I punched holes in the center of my circles and cut the petal shapes.

8

9     10
I used a brad to hold the flower petals together.
11
I shaped each petal with my fingers.

12
Punched a smaller circle to cover the brad in the center of the flower, and glued it on.

13    14
With scissors I made a hole in the top of my box and attached the flower with the brad.  I could have covered the brad on the inside with another paper circle to be neater.
15     16
Got out my Luminarte Twinkling H20's and used the Jasper Red and plenty of water to randomly color the flower petals.
18
I dropped a bit of glue in the center of the flower, and sprinkled tiny pink buttons.

19

21
I'm inspired to do more...different types of flowers, different box shapes...oh my... You can check my earlier post here, to see what else I've done with book pages.

11 comments:

  1. Jane that is wonderful! It will be wonderful for a Mother's Day gift box. The book is on my list the next time I go into town, but I have to order the twinkling H20s. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this box and flower are so simple and yet so beautiful! thanks so much for showing us how to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this Jane, I love it, but it will not keep me busy enough not to notice you are gone. Have a wonderful, wonderful time with your students and gal pals. I hope to make it to San Miguel one day. xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweetness... thank you for sharing this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and your creativity. I am going to give this a go and I am also going to share it with my classmates doing the Holey Moley "FLower Power" class with Dale from the Thread Studio. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous project! I absolutely love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute and easy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails