Sunday, April 03, 2011

A Saturday afternoon well spent.

paper foldings
Did I mention my new favorite book? Yes, I did, it's Playing with Books by Jason Thompson.
paper foldings
Yes, that's my Collage Fabric Vase, it looks good with anything!
paper foldings               paper foldings

paper foldings
All these projects are from "Playing with Books". I tinted the paper buds with jasper red from Luminarte Twinkling H2Os. (You can get more ideas for Luminarte products here.)
paper foldings

paper foldings   paper foldings
I had some strips left over, so I made a bow.
paper foldings

paper foldings
More strips!
paper foldings

paper foldings
Found a home for my Kusudama flower. I'm going to make more of these.
paper foldings
Then I tackled the house. Now, I think I'm pretty good at folding, but this house was a bit of a coordination challenge--I resorted to glue at the end. My father taught me origami, so it seems appropriate that I'm using a cookbook of his to make these paper projects.
paper foldings
I love my spring flowers and do want to build a village of houses!
(That's a Cathy Cullis piece, in the frame, and a corner of a quilt by Cas Holmes.)

15 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the strips of book pages to make the orbs. Have a special place in my heart for the house. Very inspirational and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome !! Looks like too much fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all just beautiful, Jane! What charming pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the painted flowers on the tree branch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Folded paper never looked so good! I love how you arranged little vignettes including your paper folded treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to get that book. We're drowning in old (but not good) books around here. I'd love to turn them into some of those flowers,etc. Yours are beautiful.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! This is a great book with so many wonderful ideas! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful!
    I just adore the house!
    Funny thing is... I saw this book, flipped through the pages, was excited about it, but left the book store without purchasing it.
    Thank you for sharing :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful springtime project...am totally in love with those delicate blossoms...So beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the paper projects. The use of old books really appeals to me. I also just finished dreading your article in the latest Quilting Arts. It was my favorite article this month. i do a lot of flower sketches and I love to free motion so I definitely want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane, I so enjoy looking at everything you do! The blossoms look delicate and intriguing with the type texture. Thank you for sharing. Ambal

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, now that looks like fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. now I'm going to have to order that book too - hope you're getting a commission on your sales!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone! April, I saw the book at Anthropologie (store) and didn't buy. When I got home, I thought about it so much, I had to order it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails