Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Barbie in a Bag

She's sooo vain
I was asked to create a Barbie something for a special birthday gift calendar. Now that the gift has been given and the surprise has taken place, I can show you.
That's a Basic Barbie, and I did a little embroidery on her jeans and t-shirt. Then I made her a special personalized quilt.
photo shoot
Here's a behind-the-scenes look at the glamorous photo shot for the calendar. (Don't look to closely to see the cat food dish in the background. Like I said, soooo glamorous!)
Barbie in a bag
Did you see my How to Draw Barbie Tutorial, over on the Sketchbook Challenge blog? I drew her in my sketchbook, then scanned and printed her onto fabric prepared for an inkjet printer. Then I cut her out, fused her to the quilt and to the gift bag. (See my gift bag tutorial here, for some more cool ideas with these muslin bags.)
Barbie in a bag


Barbie in a bag           Barbie in a bag

Barbie in a bag

Barbie in a bag
Wouldn't this make a great gift? You can make one yourself, or you can buy my one-of-a kind Barbie in a Bag in my JaneVille online Esty shop.



2 comments:

  1. Jane, it's gorgeous! I love even the fashionable photo shot.

    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there
    looks like you have a link error for Judy on the 15th
    http://judyperez.blogspot.com/2011/11/folk-art-inspired-ornament.html

    Cute Barbie quilt and stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails