Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kids love sketchbooks too!


november 10, 2011
Thank you, dear adult students at my recent workshop at the Learning & Art Expo in Pasadena. When I mentioned the after school art program that I created and teach, Mundo Lindo, and that I'd love to buy some Strathmore Visual Journals for the kids. Many, in the class, donated some money and I bought 23 journals for the kids, and gave them to the kids on Thursday. You can see by these photos, the kids were thrilled!

november 10, 2011

november 10, 2011

november 10, 2011

november 10, 2011
With such a large class, your donation is very appreciated. The classes and materials for Mundo Lindo are free for the kids. And we're hosted by a non-profit, so your donations are tax deductible. You can donate here.
november 10, 2011

november 10, 2011

november 10, 2011
The kids were thrilled, and are creating a giant thank you note!


5 comments:

  1. Aawww. This warms the cockles of my heart :-D Those kids' smiles make it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I can't wait to see what goes into them! They are very fortunate to have you as their teacher, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little Strathmore Visual Journals too! I use them for my classes too - just the right size, price, quality! You are so inspiring Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome story! A middle school teacher, I run an afterschool scrapbooking club as part of a federal grant program, and recently I purchased some blank chipboard mini-books from the $1 aisle at Michaels', which I then gave to each child. The kids love having their own place to create and display their art, and it's so fun to see them try new things and experiment within the pages of these little books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How kind of you to show us the follow up! I was one of the donators in the class, and I was so impressed with your enthusiasm for teaching those kids that I was happy to help out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails