Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Houston Quilt Festival

surviving the runway 2011
"Surviving the Runway" with Jamie Fingal, Cheryl Sleboda, Melanie Testa, Pokey Bolton,
Judy Coates Perez and Leslie Tucker Jenison.
Home from the Houston International Quilt Festival with 60,000 of my closest friends.

I taught two classes. One  3 hour workshop on machine needle felting, using the Babylock Embellisher. Here's the student work:

student  machine needle felting     student  machine needle felting    student  machine needle felting   student  machine needle felting      student  machine needle felting     student  machine needle felting

   student  machine needle felting     student  machine needle felting    student  machine needle felting
I think it turned out great! And if you missed the workshop, here's a link to my tutorial on machine needle felting, my way.


I also saw lots of friends....
me and mary fisher
Mary Fisher and me
carol and me
Carol Bostian Hensley and me
And I taught a full day class on Recycled Circles. It's always fascinating how everyone's work turns out the same, but so different. 
recycled circles student work    recycled circles student workrecycled circles student work     recycled circles student workrecycled circles student work     recycled circles student workrecycled circles student work    recycled circles student workrecycled circles student work     recycled circles student workrecycled circles student work    recycled circles student workrecycled circles student work    recycled circles student work
I had dinner with friends. (Friends with spoons on their noses.)
dinner

dinner


I did Open Studios at Make It University.
open studios

shopping
I shopped. (bought a Laga Designs wallet to match my purse.)
Taught with my fellow Sketchbook Challenge artists at a Make It University.
miu sketchbook challenge
and most importantly, laughed with good friends!
pokey and melly
Pokey Bolton and Melanie Testa






4 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had lots of fun and plenty of creativity and inspiration to go around. I was sad I wasn't able to stay for Festival this year, but maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You post brings joy to my heart! What a fabulous time it looks like you all had. You must be exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still basking in the memories of our wonderful week together. Thanks for making me smile, again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta say, Houston is an amazing event--I was able to go once many years ago...sigh. You always look like you're having so much fun! I enjoyed your students' work (as usual) and I thought your sketch and stitch tote was a very interesting idea. I've been sketching on fabric lately, rather than paper. So many possibilities.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails