Saturday, November 05, 2011

Texas Autumn ~ sketchbook page



Texas Autumn
Pages in my mixed media sketchbook.......(You saw the one on the right here.)
1. Texas Autumn~ in the beginning          2. Texas Autumn~ part way
The page (on the left) started with writing, drawing, doodling, stamping. (Can you tell that I did this page under the influence of the Jesse Reno workshop I took recently?)
3. Texas Autumn ~ midway through
Then I drew the Texas Red Oak Leaves and painted away the background, the negative space, but there wasn't enough contrast.
Texas Autumn ~ in my sketchbook
I painted the background with a brighter, stronger orange. I'm calling it finished!




6 comments:

  1. I like the last page. The texture of the leaves looks amazing against the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love the last page with the leaves. It is absolutely gorgeous. Would make a nice canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree it is finished and so fine in it's Autumn colours! Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages, as usual. The blues and oranges are so satisfying. I've picked up sketching again after years and years away (mostly because people like you make me feel guilty!). I'm experimenting with sketching on fabric. The problem is that this experimenting has led to yet another large art quilt and I still have quite a back up. Enjoying it all the same!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so wonderful to see your work in person at your recent class! It's all so lovely. I posted up a couple of pics on my blog - acuriouskat.com You were a great, inspiring teacher; thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning pages. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails