Thursday, December 15, 2011

Going to Cuba!

cuba
Husb and I are traveling to Cuba in early January. (We're going with an education based tour company, Cuba Cultural Travel.) I've always wanted to go to Cuba, ever since I visited Key West, Florida, many years ago. I saw Hemingway's house, and was told he also had a house in Cuba--and decided then I wanted to see Cuba.
cuba
I'm preparing a small journal for the trip, since I want to draw everything I see. 
cuba
And of course, I had to include Fidel in my journal.
cuba
As I was creating the map, it was interesting to realize not only how large Cuba is, but how close to other places we've visited, like Key West, Jamaica and Turks & Caicos.

12 comments:

  1. That will be an interesting trip! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound fascinating! We cruised by Cuba on the way to Jamaica and could see the lights. I have Jill's new book but haven't had time to start working on projects yet; I can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear about this, I have long wanted to go to Cuba too. Hope to see this journal in real life someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to prepare for your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fantastic, and what about all those amazing destinations you have already been to - lucky you.I thought I would sort of repeat the Noughts and Crosses piece for the Stitched workshop as it was generally popular.Have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous! I have always ALWAYS wanted to go. I can't wait to see your pics and pages! Of course, I would spend all of my time eating as Cuban food is my fave! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, you are sooo lucky, and I am sooo jealous....

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wouldn't want to go to Cuba. Key West is close enough for me but I hope you and Don have a great trip filled with lots of opportunities to sketch and paint

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--what a fantastic opportunity for you! I look forward to seeing your journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blog and lucky you Jane! :)I don't think you need it said, but wow, enjoy~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you will be dancing to the music. I wish it was me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you will be dancing to the music. I wish it was me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails