Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Stitching and a workshop with Patti Digh!

little squares/text and textileslittle squares/text and textileslittle squares/text and textileslittle squares/text and textiles
little squares/text and textiles
little squares/text and textileslittle squares/text and textiles
little squares/text and textiles
little squares/text and textileslittle squares/text and textileslittle squares/text and textiles
If you know me and the way I work, you'll recognize my process of just working on one little square at a time. I love working small, with no real plan, and only a slight idea of a cohesive color scheme. I'm doing this now, in preparation for a workshop I'll be teaching with Patti Digh (author of Life is a Verb) on March 17 in San Diego. I'm making many more squares than we'll create in the workshop, but I'm just enjoying it so much. 
Here's info on the workshop  The Geography of Loss: Creating an art quilt map of your journey through grief  And to you, my lovely blog readers, I've offering a $50 discount if you use this code Friend2012.

10 comments:

  1. YUMMY Visuals!!! Did I soya bunny in one of those pics? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, inspiring close-ups. Have a wonderful Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo pour votre travail...
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! How I wish we were closer!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane, Love your wool art, you're one of my favorite artists. I met you at Create Costa Mesa this year. I have a really cool 100 follower giveaway. It's a handmade art journal, come check it out. Merry Christmas, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jane. Your stitching grabs my attention every time! Love it. Very interesting what you did with the key--I have a lot of those hanging around.
    Have a happy stitching holiday!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, stitched goodness! Makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was grabbed by this and by Patti Digh's site. (I bought two of her books!) I tried several of these small works with a piece of fabric I had journaled on after the death of a loved one. It was hanging around...what to do with it? Too important to throw away, too deeply personal to make it all public. I started by imitating the bits I saw here, and as usually happens it took off in it's own direction. I'd like to send you some pictures if that's ok with you. Please let me know. I can put them on facebook if you are too snowed under with emails.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails