Tuesday, December 06, 2011

In my sketchbook

LaFazio mixed media in progress from class demo detail

continous line birds

LaFazio mixed media in progress from class demo detail 2

I'm using a Strathmore Visual Journal, 9x12 (in fact, I'm teaching a 6 week class "Sketching and Watercolor in a Mixed Media Journal"  in San Diego, starting January 24,Tuesdays 9-noon, using this journal.)


journal 1  journal 3
Anyway, I've taken apart my journal, removing the wire binding and I've combined the Mixed Media pages with the Watercolor pages of two 9x12 Strathmore journals. It's working out great! (I used these cable rings.)
journal 4


9 comments:

  1. Jane I so admire your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of taking apart the journal and adding pages.. Where does one find those cable rings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HD, click on cable rings, in my blog post. there's a link.http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=12558/533.0.1.1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vibrant colors, the flowers and all the texture...really gorgeous.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Jane! I really like how the pages are held together with cable rings... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple. Take it apart and put it back together with rings. I have been trying to figure out how to do this for a long time. Thanks for the tip. (some of my well loved cookbooks need this treatment too).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pages! Some of my kids have been making stamps with the squishy foam shapes, woodburner and heat gun to stamp on a page like Ms. Jane! They are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bonnie leukert12/07/2011 7:08 PM

    The cable rings are so clever. Thanks! I will be placing an order.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails