Wednesday, June 09, 2010

burgundy glow

 Suzanne Morgan saw my article in Quilting Arts magazine and thought I'd love one of her 'everything kits.' She was right. This was made from her 'glow' kit, containing prefelt, roving, and gorgeous bits of dyed silks and yarn using the process I described in the magazine article. It'smade from the elements in her kit, with the addition of some of my sari silk ribbon, and embroidery thread. I've mounted it on a piece of burgandy dupioni silk.  I've got her 'earth and sky' kit too, and I'm thinking of doing a tutorial here on my blog next week--what do you think? Oh, and I've still got photos of Venice to post! Stay tuned!

13 comments:

  1. Glad you are back!! Will love and appreciate a tutorial on the needle felting Rainbow Series, they are soo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do.. it would be good to see the process. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful - what colors! Yes would love to see a tutorial.

    After mouting it on the dupioni, how do you finish it off for presentation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love a tutorial on the process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jane! The piece is gorgeous!
    If anyone is interested in a kit, my website is www.SuzanneMorgan.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! A tutorial would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it would be amazing to see a tutorial on this beautiful piece, bless you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, What you've donw with Suzanne's kit is lovely. Glad you two connected (she's a friend and you are a Flickr contact).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the article but would love love a tutorial here!!!! YHour pieces are wonderfully spontaeous and so full of wonderful color and texture!!! Thank you so much for sharing all of the great [pictures of your trip to Italy! Attending a class like that would be such a dream!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is scrumptious. Vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane, I also have one of Suzanne's kits. The two of you are mighty talented artists. I would love to see you post a tutorial on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. JANE, WE WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU WOULD DO A TUTORIAL FOR SURE!!!!...THIS WORK IS JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! HUGS, CAROL FULLER

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been completely obsessed with learninf how to needle felt since I saw your article in Quilting Arts. I have bought some materials and am looking at a needle felting machine tomorrow please do a tutorial! Thank you for your inspiration, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails